Publisher Meteorbyte Publishing has announced Running on Magic, a pixelated platformer in which you take on the role of a desperate mage on a journey to avoid the Grim Reaper. The game will consist of constantly scrolling levels and you’ll need to use your platforming skills to cross deadly chasms and fearsome creatures.
Developed by Gusarapo Games, the title will launch on Switch in Summer 2022, so it’s not too far off if you’re a fan of this type of game!
Here’s a breakdown of what to expect from the game’s Steam Page:
– Jumping Challenges – Make your way by jumping over pits and platforms in a game meant to be accessible to every player.
– Aerial Action – Jump, float and stomp to surpass every obstacle. Collect magic spread throughout the level to fuel these abilities and adapt to any situation.
– Beautiful Sceneries – Beautiful sceneries rendered in pixel art and catchy music to follow along. Discover each of the five themed worlds.
– A Small Story with a Humorous Touch – Meet the Grim Reaper as they try to convince the mage to come with them and fail every time.
– You are able to enjoy an easy and cozy adventure, but if you want to try yourself…
– Four different difficulties! Raise the challenge!
– Every mode will speed up the game and you will find less pickups along your way. Your wizard will also have less hp.
– In the hardest mode you will only have a single hit to complete your journey!
– Endless mode where speed will be constantly increasing! Challenge your friends (or yourself) by sharing your score on the leaderboard!
Will you be picking up Running on Magic this Summer? Let us know, as always, with a comment below.